The following 5 easy steps to protect your investment provides valuable information. We hope you enjoy it!
- Check warranty stain resist- Warranties can vary from 5 to 20 years. All stain resist warranties require regular cleaning and immediate spot removal. Copies of specific warranties on your carpet purchase may be available from your carpet retailer.
- The three most important rules for maintaining carpet are vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Vacuum often. Once or twice a week at the very least. Much of the soil in your carpet is not visible to the eye. Soil which has sand particles in it can cut the fiber and cause premature wear. The light reflecting properties of the carpet fiber are diminished as we walk over the carpet and even if it is cleaned it may no longer have the same look as it did when it came from the mill, that is why it is so important that we clean and extract.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned. This should be done every 12 months according to DuPont and major carpet manufacturers. Heavy traffic areas need it more often. Remember, if you see the soil you are waiting too long to clean!
- Remove spots immediately! Spots that are not immediately removed can turn into permanent stains very easily. Always use spot cleaner that is recommended by the carpet manufacturer or your trained, certified professional cleaner! Many over the counter spot cleaners leave too much soap residue that leaves a sticky residue behind that will make your spots return!
- Have carpet protector re-applied. The soil resistor that is built into stain resistant nylon carpet is removed with regular foot traffic and harsh cleaners. To keep your carpet maintained longer, have your protector, (such as Scotch Guard) reapplied each time you have your carpet professionally cleaned.